Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 23:06:40 -0700
You think a rats nest in your hair is bad, try a ferret's nest on for size,
complete with ferret!  My girls like to ride around on my shoulders,
especially when I have my long curly hair down.  They love to hide
underneath it and peek out at people and surprise them.  Its also a safe
haven for them when they're not so sure about the place/person/pet.  Anyway,
the other day Bear is riding around up there and is having a good time
peeking in and out of my hair and moving from side to side but suddenly she
realizes she can't move anymore and I realize just as suddenly that she's
got herself all wound up in my hair and is struggling to move and yanking on
my hair.  So here I was jumping around trying to figgure out how my ferret
hairstylist had tied herself in knots to the back of my head.  She's
squirming, I'm yelping and laughing and trying to untangle her and each time
I think I've almost got her free she grabs on again, clinging for dear life.
I was begining to think I was going to have a permanent inhabitant living on
my head when I finally broke her free.  She looked at me with this terrified
look so I made a deal with her.  She can hide in my hair so long as theres
no more hair pulling and no nest making :)

Jena, Bear, and Bee ( who missed out on all this fun due to napping)