From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 1995 22:15:41 -0400
Since most of us cage our ferrets, we don't think about where they will
die, just when.

the pros for a cage are:
since they do sleep a lot, cage time is comfy time,
they leave fewer presents in unsuspecting places
you can find them when you want to get them out to play
you can sleep at night or go to work knowing they are safe.
no one lets them out by "accident"

the cons for a cage:
it might not fit in the car (but that is what carriers are for)
it does not look like part of the living room set (but then again, neither
does ferret poop and multiple litter boxes)
it is a big cost (then call a shelter to see if they have a previously used
cage for sale)

Pam / STAR*