From:
"Don T. Landry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 1995 03:02:06 EDT
Hello everyone.  I am new to the Ferret Mailing List.  I currently have one
ferret named Kramer and he recently celebrated his first birthday.  I have
been seeing some interesting questions from others on the FML.  The first
was about flying ferrets.  Well Kramer does a lot of flying around this
house.  If he's not jumping from object to object he is just jumping around
on the ground.  I also recall someone asking about the hissing noise thier
ferret makes when he has the cigarette case.  Kramer makes that noise when
he has a sock and I am trying to take it away.  He also makes a noise that
can best be described as an onk .  Ususally he makes this noise repetedly
when he first comes out of his cage and always when he runs down the stairs.
I ve only ever met one other ferret that did that.  Last week someone wrote
in about escaping ferrets.  Well Kramer has escaped a few times during the
night.  He made visits to my dad and brother ususally anouncing his presence
with a bite on the toes.  He got out because the latch on the cage can look
latched and not be latched.  All Kramer needs to do is push the door open.
Since then I give a tug on the door to make sure its closed.

Kramer has recently met a new friend.  We just got a kitten named Kinky.  It
took Kinky a little while to warm up to Kramer but he finally came around.
Now Kinky and Kramer play togeather all the time.  They get into wrestling
matches and chase eachother around.  The bite and scratch but neither seems
to be getting hurt.  They both keep coming back and we never hear a
complaint from either one.  Kramer and I are looking forward to reading more
stories about all your ferrets.

Tom and Kramer