From:
Julie Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 19:39:17 -0400
I have been asked by a woman I know to adopt her ferret because she
"doesn't have any time for her anymore".  Georgie is a 4 mth old female
sable.  Despite the fact that Misty wouldn't get along with her, (she
ignores Charity and Sobriety as it is) I have thought about adopting her
but there is one small problem --the owner never bothered to litter train
Georgie.  She has a 4 tier cage and goes potty in the corners of the cage.
My 3 are litter trained for the most part (Sobriety does slip up now and
again).  Can anyone tell me if it is possible to successfully train this 4
mth old ferret to use the litter box?  I would be willing to take her if I
knew how to reprogram her.  I love ferrets so much but stained carpets
don't look good when you are trying to sell your house.  If anyone has
suggestions or has successfully reprogramed a ferret to do this, please
post your story or e-mail me.  Thank you for any and all advice.

Happy Ferreting,
Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty, Charity, Sobriety (and maybe Georgie)
JuPaul