From:
Norma-ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:52:39 -0400
Well, as those in the area will know, it was Just Beautiful here in
(around) Toronto last week (temp. wise). So...up went my windows (why
even bother to tell the story at this point, eh?).

Now, they do have screens and neither of the kids ever bothered with the
window in their room before, but i had never left them in there with the
window up before, either! So, my Mother had come for a visit and I was
sitting in the living room talking with her for about five minutes when
*all of a sudden* i got this feeling that Leo (and not Molly, Leo) was
getting out. I cut my Mother off, mid-sentence, and said, "I've just got
to go make sure Leo isn't getting out that window". I went flying into
the room and over to the window and saw that, yes, the screen was pushed
out in the corner.

Without wasting time looking for Leo in the room i just went running
outside. "Leo!" "Leo!", i called. No answer. I ran around all the bushes
and kept calling. No Leo. I ran back to where i was before and saw a
flash of fur sprint away. I guess he was coming to me, but when i ran, i
scared him. I flew back into the house just to make sure it was only Leo
i needed to find (and yes, Molly was still asleep in my underwear drawer
where she was before), shut the window, and grab the sqeeky toys (which i
don't let them play with anymore, but keep on hand for emergencies just
like this one!). About .08 seconds later i was back outside squeeking the
toys and feigning (sp?) calmness as i said, "Leo...come here, sweety,
come on".  Out of the bushes comes my little fella...just soaking wet (it
was raining now) and covered in mud, with the expression, "hey! You're out
here, too. Neat. What's up?"

I scooped him up (getting filthy myself) and brought him back inside...
where my mother stood, looking out the door, with a horrified expression on
_her_ face!

Leo got a bath and a big kiss.
Mommy got 20 years taken off her life.
The window remains closed.