From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 09:02:19 -0400
Hi,
Well yesterday my new club almost got to be involved it it's 1st ferret
rescue.  Zamzows (that sells tons of fuzzies) referred a lady to us that
found a lost fuzzy in her yard and so she called me....  She wanted nothing
to do with the critter and said she was bringing it to me...  I said we
would run an ad to locate owner and if couldn't find them then one of our
members would adopt it.....  She was thrilled and so was I.  I ran out to
get the spare cage all ready for a visitor and such and then she called back
to say, her neighbor has a ferret and so her daughter was out telling this
neighbor about the ferret they found and the neighbor wanted it really bad
so they gave it to her....  I asked the lady if she was still going to try
and find the owner but she didn't seem to enthusiastic about it...  I can
bet since the neighbor wanted it sooooo bad SHE will not bother to find the
owner anyway...  I tried my best to convince this lady she really needed to
put up flyers and run an ad since I know from experience that losing your
fuzzy absolutely breaks your heart....  Oh well maybe next time huh????
What thrilled me though was that after having just put up our posters
yesterday Zamzows is already referring people to us!!!!!  They even let me
put a poster up ON the ferret cage so all will notice it!  I called and
thanked them profusely so they will keep this up...  You know, stupid me,
never even thought about getting to actually rescue fuzzies and reunite them
w/owners or adopt them out, I am really excited about this prospect of the
club!  I had timed it beautifully when in Zamzows because a
cfvhy7777734444444 (a hi from SHYLA apparently) there was a lady there for
the vaccination clinic that was REAL upset at that lack of knowledge about
ferret vaccines and how many how often etc.....  I saw her w/her ferret and
approached her about F.A.N.G.  and was able to provide her all the info.
she needed along with a vet to help her out too..  It made me feel really
useful to have been able to do this....  So far this club is a fanastic
thing for me and other's involved!!!!

Kelleen and the INSANE Animal House!

F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee!!!
                  (President & Founder)