From:
Frank Otta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 02:44:35 -0400
Hi All,

This is my first post here and I hope it's going to the right place.

I just got my first ferret.  An 11 week old albino female (I think).
Anyway, she is constantly biting me.  She bites my toes and especially my
fingers.  She has drawn blood from my fingers about three time today and
I've only had her for a few hours.  I have been "flicking" her snout
everytime she clamps down.  Is this normal or do I have a biter?  Is there a
better way to train them?  Will she mellow out in time?

Also, would you recommend that I keep her in a cage while I'm not home and
let her run free in the house for a while when I am around?  How best can I
train her to use the litter box in her cage?  I'd like her to return to it
to eat (this may be a problem since the cat's food bowl is always full of
dry food), nut most especially I'd like her to use a litter pan filled with
corn pellets, in her cage.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Frank