From:
Christine Code <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 1995 11:13:09 -0700
Hi there!  As a new ferret owner, I'd like to know what your ferret's
favourite toys are; we are always on the lookout for something new that's
fun.

Maddy loves those rubber squeaky toys, especially the soccer balls and the
small red dinosaur.  She'll play with them, then nab them and scurry off
to hide them in a corner!  Last night she was busy running from one end of
the house to the other, hiding her treasures in the safest places she
could find.  Is this typical ferret behaviour?  It's certainly a panic to
watch, especially when that damn dinosaur escapes half way, which drives
her mental.

She likes playing with balls, and yesterday I picked the last of my
tomatoes.  I put a cherry tomato on the floor for her, and she loved it!  It
made a great ball, and then she discovered that it was an edible sort of
ball, and had a couple of nibbles.  Had to watch her with it, though, as she
decided it was a treasure, and carted it off to hide it in a distant corner.

A few days ago we found a toy called "Cat Dancer" at the local pet shop.
(Bosley's on Davie, for those of you in the Vancouver area.)  It's a piece
of wire with some small bits of who-knows-what tied to one end.  Bounces!
Jiggles!  She'll chase it for hours, and (due to the bounciness of it) the
human can be fairly lazy and just watch the fuzzit dance.  Worth every penny.

We also got a cardboard toy called Bizzy Kitty.  It's a box with lots of
holes in it, so that cats can poke their paws in the hole and chase whatever
toy is inside.  The idea is that the kitty can't get inside, so cats keep
busy there for hours.  I enlarged two of the holes so that Maddy can get in,
and she sometimes likes to play around inside the box.  And she's done the
"arm through the hole" cat trick a couple of times, too, although it
certainly doesn't captivate her the way the Cat Dancer does. We'll have to
see how much appeal this toy has over the long term.

So, what toys do your fuzzits like best?

Christine
and a very bouncy Madeline
--
Christine Code                     We shall find peace.
Vancouver, CANADA                  We shall hear the angels,