From:
Tricia-Anne Ferretty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 22:43:01 -0400
About 3 weeks ago I talked to the Manager of Petsmart about our club
(Tri-state Frisky Ferrets) setting up a table there on week ends to hand out
ferret information and educational materails on ferrets and their care.
Well they finally called me back on Monday, and I had to go in and meet with
the district manager.  So I brought Tommy along, he is about 4years old and
a large Shaded Silver nuetered Male.  He was a hit with the district
manager, she loved him!  All she wanted to do was pet and hold him.  I don't
usually take Tommy out with me because he has on occasion nipped, but since
I would be doing all the holding I felt I/he were pretty safe (I wanted to
bring him because he is a true lap ferret, he loves to curl up in his
mommy's lap).  He was so Excited!!!  He was on his best behavior and was a
wonderful representative of the ferret race!  Although he was so excited
about being out that he forgot how to walk with his harness and lead.  All
went well and we will be there monthly educating the public about these
wonderful little fuzzy animals.  They suggested I bring a few of my fuzzies
with me, which I agreed to.  Unfortunately I will not take a chance with
Tommy - just incase, I would not want him to nip someone if he got
frieghtened- so a few of my other guys will be going with me.  Tommy behaved
so well that I took him over to my mothers house after so he could play in
the grass and chase butterflys (one of his favorite things to do!).  He is
my little (oops make that BIG) angel!

    They gave me a list of groups from around the country that do the same
thing & also do adoptions, but I did not see any other ferret groups!

Tricia