Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 18:54:16 -0400
    I am planning on buying two ferrets in the near future, having been
working at a Nature Center and taking care of them when I was a teen.  Now
that I will be getting my own place (finally!) that will of course, allow
me to have ferrets *grin* I am curious about a couple of things I have been
reading as I research these wonderful critters more and more.  Firstly, if
your ferrets are nipping and clawing at the carpeting, this would seemingly
be bad for them as they could swallow a piece that would mess up their
intenstinal tract.  Therefore, if this is the case, what is the best way to
ensure that they do not do this if you give them free reign about the house
for the day and you are not there to supervise?  (I'm planning on letting
them out supervised first to make sure my home is properly ferret proofed
etc...  before I leave them out alone for a short time and then gradually
extending that time just to be sure)

    Secondly, What kind of pipes or tubing can I use to make a little
maze/slides etc...  for them to wander through as I know they love getting
into everything.  I am going to modify the original cage anyways, but I am
curious about what types of creations people have come up with to give
their ferrets a more playful environment in which to live.

                                        Thanks :)
                                          Dave Welch

(Future Ferret Names: Timber and Kimber) :)