From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:41:16 EDT
no, not a mixed up heading.  A friend of mine who lives near Allston
reported to me that there is a large pet shop there which specializes in
"exotic" animals and they had a ferret for sale, pretty publicly.  The
only ferret my friend is really familiar with is mine, so it's possible
that this is some similar animal, but this pet shop often has animals of
dubious legality.  I wish I knew the name, but I think it is pretty well
known.  My friend said the ferret, like most of their animals, is in
horrible living conditions.  She once went there and saw a rat cage with
a whole litter of dead pups that the store people were just leaving
there.  My friend and her roommate complained to the SPCA- if anyone in
Mass lives near Alston and knows of this pet store, add your voice!

Regina