Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 12:21:15 -0700
hi to all the ferrets and ferret-lovers who gather here to
share/commiserate/laugh/lament/etc. over the most habit-forming little
critters in the world.

i'm ecstatic that i've found a place such as this mailing list. thank
you all for your posts. every one has been read with enthusiasm. i'm
going to make my first post here, because i need some advice on keeping
my little munchkins safe.

has anyone found a method for blocking these little devils from escaping
out the front door or patio door whenever they are opened?  i find that i
confine alvin and sally to their cage much more than i want to, because i'm
scared to death that they will escape.  my friend, who convinced me that my
life wouldn't be complete without a ferret or two (or three, or eight,
or....), lost her first ferret that way.  we live in the country and enjoy
our backyard, so my husband and i are constantly going in and out.  any
suggestion, no matter how far-fetched, would be accepted and probably
implemented by us.

another topic here.....has anyone else noticed that the longer your little
terrorists-in-fur-coats go without being bathed, the less stinky they
become?  we've decided to bathe ours only before visiting non-ferretobsessed
relatives, the vet, etc.

two more hints that i've (i mean alvin and sally) have discovered:
    they love those cat-toy things that have a bunch of feathers tied
    together on a long string on the end of a pole. my 4 cats don't
    even TRY to play with this thing whenever the munchkins get
    involved.

    to stop a baby fuzzy from biting, getting down is his face and
    yelling REALLY LOUDLY seems to work better than that
    thump-on-the-nose trick. my two learned not to snack on ankles in
    less than 2 days when i yelled (if you don't yell LOUDLY, they
    won't even notice.)

thanks again for being here. and kiss all your little furry-faced
weasel-breath demons for me.

linda