From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 1995 05:09:00 UTC
Kathleen Cheeseman mentioned that babies should be allowed to nurse as long
as they want. I noticed today that while "Mom" slept on her back her two 10
week old males tried to nurse from her. It was the funniest sight. They're
almost as big as she is. Their heads are bigger than hers. I've noticed that
the males seem to take longer to mature than the females. I "play" with my
babies from the time they are big enough to walk around and I've noticed its
the females that wander off first. The males will stay very close by. And in
this last litter my females all started getting their permanent teeth in at
7 weeks but the males didn't start to get theirs in til a week later. Anyone
else notice this in their kits? I hadn't really paid attention to it before.
Just checked to make sure the teeth were coming in alright. Congratulations
Kathleen and Mitch on the new arrivals!

Cindy