From:
Karen Marsh-Lovvorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 16:25:07 EDT
Hi All!  Our ferret club had a request from the Raleigh Renaissance Faire
committee to do an exhibit on ferrets in April (the tie-in being that
ferrets were "around and used for hunting and such back then.") Of course I
explained that ferrets are no longer used for hunting in North America,
(though still are in other places)but thought it would be interesting to be
able to provide info.  about the "historic ferret" for the faire along with
our usual modern-day info., cute pictures, etc.  (And yes, we are planning
to dress appropriately - does anyone have a pattern for a muffin cap for a
ferret.  .  .well, maybe not!) We need sources of "historic" (pre-16th
century) ferret info.  and pictures if anyone knows of any (I seem to
remember someone on the fml collecting ferret art not too long ago.  .  .)
Thanks in advance for any help/info.  you can provide!

Karen & the Gang