From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 21:35:15 -0400
FERRET PHYSICS: I too love the face that Nixon makes when he does his little
dance on the bed, and then like Wiley E.  Coyote realizes he no longer has a
bed under his feet.....err, paws.  He cracks me up when he does it.  I
thought he would have learned, but he never did.

NEW "CAGE": My girlfriends roomate moved out.  Nixon is going to have his
own room!  I can't wait, I'm really excited for him.  I want to get up there
as soon as possible so I can "design" the playground for him.  If all goes
well it will be complete with mailing tubes, paper bags, a hammock, toys,
and more.  It's amazing what guilt will do.  Naah, I'm pretty sure if I
lived there he'd get it anyway.

JACKETS:  Nixon used to love being in my jacket, it had the elastic around
the bottom, and he used to "run laps" around me.  Then he discovered the
sleeves.  The surprise on some peoples faces when he'd pop out my sleeve or
poke his face out just under my chin is almost as priceless as the "What...
No bed!? AAAAAHH!!"

TELEPORTING: Well, Nixon didn't do it but my lizard (my girlfriend has him
too) did.  My dad and I built this cage for him, it should have been
impossible for him to get out.  It wasn't.  Like many a ferret owner must
have done to find a teleporting fuzzy, I ripped my dorm room apart.  I took
everything out of my closet, checking each article for a hiding Imus ( the
lizard), finally I gave up after 2 hours and thought him lost.  I left for a
while and when I returned there was Imus on the floor of my closet.  I still
can't figure out how he got out.  But afterwards I realized Nixie was out
when Imus was too, so that must have sent him into hiding somewhere.

PUPPY UPDATE: Ashley, the one that ate the aspirin is out of the woods.
She's almost done with her medication to prevent ulcers.  Nixon will have
his playmate back.  Of course neither one of them really knows how to play
with the other, so Ashley just sits in front of his cage and looks at him,
occasionally standing on it.  They give each kisses through the cage.  It's
really cute.

MORE GOOD NEWS: Next year I'll probably live with my girlfriend, and all
pets, near my school which is in DC, in MD, where ferrets are legal.  :)
However, for now I would like info about vets near the Boston area, that
could treat a ferret.

Sorry this was so long.
To the Borg ferret owner, I thought that quote was hysterical.  BTW- It was
really appropriate as I just saw a rerun of the episode where they meet
"Hugh"

Brian  (My girlfriend has become my pets keeper)
Nixon (Look at the size of this place... y'know I think I'm gonna like it
here)
Ashley (Do you know how dumb I look with a section of one leg shaved?
Where's my hairdresser?)
Imus(Lizards just wanna, they just wanna...wanna have fun...too)
Quibby(I was Queen of the parents house until the zoo moved in)