From:
Ted Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 21:44:18 EDT
Hi there.  I'm in a bit of a panic, it being past 9:30 and my sweet Rajah
just vomited a whole lot.  Poor little thing, she ran from room to room,
dark hidey hole to dark hidey hole, vomiting.  First brownish stuff, then
greenish (bits of grape and grape skin), then bile like tinged with red
(blood or food dye?  - she eats Science Diet kitten food and Nutrience
kitten food).

When done she used the litter box - looks normal for her.  Then she lay and
licked some 'hairball' remedy and then had a little drink of water and has
now gone to sleep in their cage - something she usually doesn't do by
choice - her preferred sleeping places being in our bed or in a drawer with
the dishtowels.

I know I'm probably being a panicky mum here, but any suggestions/advice -
PLEASE.

She played fine last night and just the other day we were commenting on how
nice and 'chubby' she was becoming.  Today she slept most of the day, but
that didn't seem strange until she started vomiting (on being offered a
grape).  Her tummy is feeling very thin now.

I recently put a collar on her which she didn't seem to have any objection
too - it's a plug chain with a small silver disc with her name, ours and
our phone number on it - very cute.  Might she have been allergic/it been
too tight?  I could slip a pinkie between it and her skin easily, so I
thought it was ok.

What I've seen in the FAQ indicates this might be a heliobacter infection,
or an intestinal blockage (please no).  Either way, I guess there's nothing
I can do until tomorrow when I can get to the vet... :(

Sorry this is so long and garbled, but I'm sure you'll understand :(

Thanks in advance,
Tanya, Ted and our two sweet babas, Orville & Rajah