From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 00:54:03 -0700
I'm working with the AFA on a ferret related project.  The AFA attends
numerous ferret related events and conferences throughout the year.  The
vast majority of vets and technicians they speak with all say they wish
they had taught about ferrets in vet school.  They all realize that ferrets
are very popular and getting moreso all the time.  So the AFA would like to
put together a teacher's packet and convince the vet collages to include
ferret health in their curriculums.  I have "volunteered" to take on this
task.  What I need from the vets and educators on this list is their input
in this matter.  From the vets: What would you like to see taught about
ferrets at the vet collages?  The AFA would like to include information
about ferret history, anatomy, phisiology, possibly some BFF info also.
Any suggestions on what to cover?  From educators: what do you think should
be included in a teacher's packet?  I don't mean ferret specific things but
general stuff like posters, overheads, visual aids.  What makes a good
teacher's packet?  We are still in the planning stage.  I would appreciate
any suggestions you can give me.  E-mail me at [log in to unmask]
Thanks!

Cindy