From:
"B. Booth, Ferret Mother Extraordinarie!" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 15:38:05 -0400
I am new to the mailing list, so please bear (ferret?) with me!  I have
eleven kids here.  My husband is very indulgent, but has lately been "sort
of" complaining about the ferrets' perfume.

They are all descented, we bath them every two weeks, clean their litter
every day, wash their linens once a week and clean out their cage at least
three times a week or more.  They are usually only *locked up* to sleep and
at night - yet my DH is still sort of making that face about the eau de
ferret.

This is my question: I have a great herb garden full of aromatic herbs.  I
am thinking that I might put some cuttings of Rosemary, Scented Geranium,
Thyme, etc....in the bottoms of their cages to offer another smell that my
DH might like better.  (After all in the middle ages they put rushes on the
floor sprinkled with herbs for the same pupose).

Before I do this, I just want to check with the list readers to see if
anyone knows there might be some reason not to.  I *think* it will be okay.
These herbs are not toxic.  I sort of doubt they'd try to eat them anyway -
but if they did, would it hurt them?

Looking for advise, opinions and feedback.

Thanks,

B.Booth (Ferret Mother Extraordinare XI)