From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 01:05:01 -0800
    Well, I'd heard about ferrets that wag their tails like puppies, but
never saw it, much less in my own.

    Just NOW, I was playing with Timmy who was under a throw rug, and I was
"scritch, scritching" the top in front of where he was under the rug.  All
of a sudden I heard "thumpa thumpa thumpa, rapidly from under the carpet.  I
didn't believe it was what I thought it was, and repeated it 3 or 4 times.

    Fred came along another tunnel under the rug to investigate, and after a
scritch scritch on top of the rug a few inches in front of where he was, I
could see his tail wagging 4 or 5 times from side to side quickly!  We
continued a good 5 or 6 minutes until I just had to go to the computer &
express this new (to my guys) behavior!

    Now if I just can get this on video.

    Which brings up the question; If I and others' can capture on video some
neat ferret behavior, is there anyone who would like to host such videos'
converted to quick time movies?  My new Mac 840AV I bought just so I could
do this.  The first thing I did was the NBC 2 minute BFF report.  Roger is
kind enough to be building a BFF home page that will have this and other
related BFF stuff so we don't over use this forum.  Pam Green has said she's
already using a lot of space on her friendly host's computer.  ( a two
minute segment takes ten megs.  of space in a compressed form, so most clips
would be smaller I would think).

    Comments welcome on email so we again don't use up too much public
space.

    Sincerely, Gary

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.