From:
Pamela K Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 14:46:42 -0700
Elmo has been doing weird stuff lately.  For the past few months he will
come up to me and start giving me what I call baby licks.  Not a full
tongue lick but tiny little licks all over my arm then all of a sudden
CHOMP!!  This isn't your standard chomp but he gets ahold of some skin and
WON'T let go.  Has anyone else experienced this (and actually know what
I'm trying to describe :) )?  I have had good luck with the scruffing
technique with our female who is a "licker then biter".  But Elmo doesn't
seem to get it yet.  Of course after getting one of those bites I'm so
upset that I have slapped a couple of times but certainly don't want to
use that all the time (or anytime for that matter)!  Any ferret
psychologist's help in understanding this would be appreciated.  Help!!

Pamela K. Barber
Flagstaff, AZ