Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:35:50 -0400
From:
"Nicole M. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Cheryl,

I found a good solution for the food dish.  I have a cheap, plastic, 2
cup, square freezer dish that I wired to the cage by poking 16 holes in
and wiring into the corner of the cage.  There are two holes about 1/8th
inch apart for each of 8 wires. One wire on each corner of two sides.  I
hope this makes sense.

I had a problem with how noisy the water bottle was at night, and used a
round, 1 cup butter dish similarly, except I took the old litter box idea
of securing one down and stacking a second, un-holed dish inside the
wired-down dish.  I had to use a clip to hold the second one in though,
because it only took Jimi a day to find out how much fun it is to take
out the top dish and fling water everywhere.  This dish I just wired to
the side using 4 wires because I didn't have another corner.

If you didn't get the litter box trick from ?? before, fasten 1 down and
put a loose one inside to change.  I used bid strips of velcro to hold
the first one down, but they are losing their sticky back sides with
washings.  By the way, thanks to whoever had that great idea!

Niki and Jimi (why doesn't anything move anymore!!)