Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 12:03:35 EDT
From:
"David J. Ellis - COHESION SEE Engineering, + 603 434 3094" <[log in to unmask]>
Drs.  Williams/Weiss: Is anything known whether reactions are to the
vaccine or to a preservative or some other agent in the mix?

(Yes, the following reaction is being reported to the manufacturer and to
the FDA.)

Well, we've had two out of three so far this year.  Yesterday our 18 month
old had a reaction to Imrab.  Same as with our oldest ferret earlier in the
year.  After about five minutes she started to flush red and crawled into
her carrier and hid.  (Note this and the previous occasion both ferrets
reacted to Imrab.  We've had no problems yet with Fervac.)

According to our vetinarian, last time when she called the manufacturer
(Rhone Meriuex - not sure of the spelling.) they insisted that they had no
reports of reactions to the vaccine.

So far she is still sleeping it off.  She's eating and drinking well but
is _VERY_ lethargic compared to normal and the rear end is in a state of
hopefully only temporary paralysis where she had to be injected to
counteract the reaction.