Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 13:11:06 -0500
From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
What I do is introduce baby food to ALL my ferrets while they are young.
My experience has been that it is more difficult to get an older ferret
to try something new no matter how tastey it is.  I have one ferret who
will not eat any kind of fruit because they weren't introduced to her at
a young age.

Ferrets generally fixate on whatever they are eating as kits....it becomes
their preferred food for life.  While I'm not saying it is impossible to
get an older ferret to try new things, it can be difficult; certainly, when
a ferret is sick, it is even more difficult.

If you have a young ferret, my suggestion would be to get them started on
baby food NOW!  Use it as a treat - weekly is enough.  Then, when they DO
become sick, you will have a much greater chance that they will readily
eat the baby food and forcing shouldn't be as difficult.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY