From:
"LOG MR. MICHAEL HACKWORTH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 09:46:00 EST
Hello all.  Just recently signed onto the list and thought I'd introduce
myself and my kids.  I've had them for almost 2 years now and they are both
about the same age, two years old.  Our first was a fine little female who
we named Belle.  She won the heart ofmy then live in GF by cuddeling right
up to her and going to sleep in her arms.  We took her home and completed
the home made cage and started a wonderful family.  A month later, the same
said GF talked me into a companion for Belle so during Christmas we went to
get a playmate.  Came home with a then tiny a cute male with a strip on his
head.  I said "We can only get him if we can name him Spyke".  That night
Belle and Spyke were introduced and a happy life began.  At the time, Belle
was much bigger than Spyke.  But a couple months later and Spyke had grown
and now fully grown he is a good two times bigger than ol'Belle.  They have
always been playmates (thankfully), which I'm glad of because after reading
here that some ferrets don't always take to each other.  We haven't had too
much problems with them while they are out, tho with having 3 cats, we have
to keep them seperated.  On occasion they meet, but the ferrets are faster
and smaller to get away, heh.  I recently got rid of the home made cage and
up graded to a nice three story "house" and they have taken to it and loved
it.  We haven't had any known problems with illness or anything, except for
Spyke often sleeping like the dead where I can actually pick him up and
he'll still be asleep.  They are both very active and noisey and eat well.
And of course very curious.  The best place I found them, well actually
just Belle was in the ash chute of our fire place.  I had to clean her off
and thankfully no harm was done to her, luckily I heard her scratching
around or I might not of found her!  So that's me and my family.  Sorry for
the one long paragraph.

 Belle  "Remote??  What remote?? I didn't take that remote!"
 Spyke  "Duh, (*bounce bounce bounce*) I didn't realize that was the edge
         of the bed!"  (*falling off bed and running away*)
 Mike H " Hey! Bring back my shoe!"

BTW, I forgot to mention, Belle is a female and Spyke is a male, if
that wasn't too obvious, heh.