From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 1995 22:17:04 -0700
I posted this a while back but had no replies so I'm going to ask again.  I
have a 5 year old gib, Cocoa, who got hit with ECE pretty hard about 2.5
years ago.  He did not regain his weight or energy levels til about 8-9
months ago.  In the last few months he has been putting on an awful lot of
weight but all in his abdomen.  The rest of his body is thin and bony.  His
spine and hips are prominent.  He eats and drinks very often.  And lately
his litter box has a very strong odor.  The weight is affecting his ability
to get around.  He gets up, waddles over to the food bowl, lays down to eat
and goes back to sleep.  It's not fluid, his heart sounds very good and
x-rays show no tumors.  My vet wonders if it could be an adrenal problem.
His coat is normal, no hair loss anywhere.  Any ideas or tests that should
be run?  Thanks.

Cindy