From:
"Melissa J. Gleeson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 1995 22:47:58 -0400
Hello All!  I am a new subscriber and ferret owner for that matter.  It all
started when I met my husband over three years ago.  During that time all he
talked about was ferrets and how he wanted one.  Well when we got married and
returned from our honeymoon, I gave him his ferret as my wedding gift to him.
Coming home from the pet store, you wouldn't believe his happiness.  I
didn't know much about ferrets so I was pretty indifferent about the whole
thing.  Our "Ranger" ( named after Nolan Ryan with the Texas Rangers) bit me
when I held him for the first time and I wanted nothing to do with him.
Well, I don't think that lastest more than a day.  I can't imagine what our
lives would be like without him.  He is the best pet I have ever owned.
Although we still haven't convinced Ranger to stay out of the brand new
couch, I wouldn't give him up for anything.  I carry pictures of him and he
covers my desk at work. (As I am sure that this holds true for most of you.)
Ranger is finally making friends with my parents dog Tyler.  We were very
nervous at first however all is well now.

Well I love reading all the stories that everyone has regarding their
ferrets.  I'm sure you will hear from Ranger and I again.  I have to go now,
it's time to play.

Melissa