From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 09:27:29 EDT
Somebody in Thursday's issue (sorry I don't remember the name, I would
do a normal reply including quotes like most people do but with this
stupid stupid program I would have to reproduce the entire FML and
delete line by line by line everything except the few lines I wanted to
respond to)  asked about a large Canadian ferret farm-- this would
probably be Hagen, the mega-pet conglomorate.  As far as I know, there
haven't been complaints about their breeding practices themselves,
although as this discussion about Waardenburg's progressed I realized
that my Amelia has most of the physical markers for it.  Hearing seems
selective but ok.  And, as we all know, Canadian ferrets are bigger,
stronger, and gosh darn it better looking than their American counter-
parts... Just ask Rudy... ;)
   The negative thing about Hagen mentioned on the FML was their use
of cedar chips in the ferret starter kits.  Cedar chips, as the FAQ will
tell you, may cause respiratory problems for ferrets.  Hagen, after much
attitude, bowed to public pressure and replaced them with pine, which
may or may not be any better.
   Oh, Hagen ferrets will have an 'H' tatooed in one ear in blue-green
ink.  Hope this helped,

Regina, who realizes that the undergrads must be coming back as suddenly
the email program is taking twice as long-- this will only get worse
and Amelia, who says, oh no, nt more time at the stupid computer