From:
Todd Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 18:50:08 -0700
re fetch:
Jeff, that's cool how you can play fetch with Sid!  I use exactly the same
technique with Dors.  She has a very solid idea of Where Her Stuffed
Animals Ought To Be.  See issue 1100 if you want my description.

re ginger, collars, 'proofing, and litter training:
- I suggest again *heavy* gauge ball chain like you can get at Ace
Hardware for a collar.  Very adjustable; just leave enough room that
they could slide it off if they had to.
- I smear bitter apple paste on the cords.  I hope they will not chew a
heavy coating; they haven't yet (knock on wood).
- I would confine Jezebel to a small space near her litter box for a few
weeks (taking her out to play after she goes), and then very slowly expand
from there.  About a 6 week process.  Try the blanket or food trick if a few
mistakes, but confine if out of control.  I've had good luck with this (mine
sleep with me, and I don't worry about finding "presents").  If your urchin
goes right next to it that's harder.  Try a crumpled old blanket next to it
if on the side, but if on the front that's hard.  Seldon sometimes shoots
over the front lip or goes in front if it gets too dirty.  I once put a
towel under the box framing it when he was young and did this (which worked
when he was young), but now I just try to keep it fairly clean.

Re Fang and adoption:
One of tle's wonderful ferret friends has a ferret boy with a crooked
face, 7 incisors on top, and a lower fang that sticks way out at an
angle.  He's a great boy; it was a pleasure to play with him.

Todd Cromwell
Dors (mi novia) and Seldon (el cazador de suen~o)