From:
Charlene M Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 13:11:35 CDT
A while ago Granny had a little "blood blister" behind her ear which was a
little smaller than the size of a dime.  It cleared up right away with a bit
of Panalog cream applied for a day or two.  Dr.  Williams said he had seen
this before in older girls with suspected adrenal problems.  Well, I just
noticed yesterday at noon that she has another lesion on her back that is
very similar - bright blood red and swollen - but this time it was the size
of a nickel coin.  Again, I've applied Panalog cream and now, just several
hours later, it is looking better already.  So, I suspect it is the same
type of thing.  Dr.  Williams, since you are familiar with these, will
Granny just keep getting these and will they just keep getting worse and
bigger and disappear with a bit of antibiotic & steroid?  They seem to cause
her some discomfort as she squirms pretty bad when you put the cream on.

Also, she has started to grow another toe. :-)
Well, actually probably some or another type of tumor has appeared right next
to a toe on one of her back feet. It is kind of scabby and does seem to be
growing - although not at the speed of light. It looks like the tumor could
just be snipped off by the vet. Do you recommend this? We have been trying
treat all of Granny's ailments in the most calm and noninvasive way as we
believe she deserves a rest after all she has been through. We hesitate
to bring her to the vet day in and day out because she hates it and is
noticably worn out after the ordeal. So, consequently, we have been doing
what we think is best for her at home and getting advice from you people here
on the net. If we were to bring her to the vet to get this little tumor off
would she have to have general anesthesia or just local? I do notice it is
growing, and that is why I was thinking of having it removed. If she needs
anesthesia though, that would scare me.  This growth is not causing her any
discomfort, she does not care when I touch it.

Nothing against the vets office of course.  When Granny first came to stay
with us we were at the vet everyday for a couple of weeks.  We had blood
counts, blood chemistry, skin scrapes, fecal floats, blah blah blah blah.
Then for some reason we just sat back and said, this is ridiculous.  She's
old, she's very old.  Let her rest.  And, so far, the stay-home treatment
has kept her comfortable, which is really our priority.  Charlene