From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 22:58:52 EDT
Howard, Thanks for posting the HSUS letter.  I went from upset to
down-right red faced angry--even more so when I also saw the 1992
statement.  Maybe I should have cooled down a little more, but I
already fired my letter off.  Here are a few excerpts:
****
And you have the audacity to say, "The HSUS is not anti-ferret." I m sorry,
but I have to say that supporting such laws [the California ban] IS not
only anti-ferret, but ACTIVELY anti-ferret.
****
ARg!  I think he is digging a deep hole here--and this is what really
ticked me off.  The other thing I though really added fuel to the fire was
their "government knows what's best for me" attitude by supporting FFZs.
With that kind of political philosophy, I bet he is glad he is not an
elected official last October <g>.

He says Cats and Dogs are a problem (overpopulation, etc), so he goes after
ferrets.  I have no problem with prevention, but this is over-reaction.  He
seems to refuse to accept that their position has been FACTUALLY debuked --
and completely ignores our cries of foul play.  I personally feel that, by
this time, they should have been enlightened on the facts.  Continuing to
recite old rhetoric and ignore substantive fact *really* makes them look
awful in my book--from possibly ignorant to down-right deceitful.

Has anybody talked to this bird?  I'll wait to call when I can be a bit
more civil.  I also think it is funny that I was orignally just hoping to
stop their anti-ferret actions.  Now, I don't think I could settle for
anything but seeing them become actively pro-ferret.

To Jim:  My deepest sympathies regaurding Cody.