From:
Gary Kaskel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 21:18:04 -0400
After writing a letter from the NYC Friends of Ferrets and leaving several
phone messages, I managed to speak with the two senior producers of CBS This
Morning. They are quite aware of the brouhaha they have caused thanks to the
many letters they received.

Producer James Segelstein seemed willing to look at the story again and
possibly entertain a follow-up story (with no promises yet) in a couple weeks
when the segment producer returns from a "sick leave."  He seems like an okay
guy.  (It's the segment producer who did the hatchet job.)

ITMT, keep those letters (and PHOTOS) going to CBS.  Don't be abusive!  Make
a sensible argument to someone who knows little of ferrets and their owners
that we are not a bunch of animal nuts, but caring, intelligent, honest
taxpayers who resent government intrusion into their private lives.  He
seemed interested in the government angle, so perhaps that might be the focus
of the follow-up report.

I will wait to hear from him again and report back at such time.