From:
DeWayne Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 09:28:00 AKDT
Hi from the far north,

Most importantly a quick question, most likely for the more experienced or
the vets (Bruce / Laura).  As stated once before being from Alaska I have
not had contact with any of other ferret owners in my area, though the pet
store where I purchase Renegade has had quite a few litters circulated
through.  I am aware of all the recent post about the GREENIES but have not
seen this.  A NOTE before I get to far here; I am in no way suspecting of
Renegade having them, I am just curious!  I was curious if any findings have
been done on the GREENIES being transported from the breeders when shipped
to pet stores?  Is this possible or do the breeders pay close attention to
problems of the nature?  I am fairly  positive he is from MF as some of the
literature that came with had Marshall Farms advertising on it, kind of a
hint.

Also how are the GREENIES transported between animals just by ferrets or are
other animals capable of transporting, ie can a dog carry the GREENIES on
it's fur like humans can on clothing? I not sure if the medical FAQ covers
this or not if it does disregard I will find it once I reread the GREENIES FAQ.

TO mark treschl
My Renegade is extremely hyper also, running all over the house doing ferret
games when I try to pick him up.  I relate his hyperness to the fact that he
is left alone all day while I am at work.  I believe this is just something
we have to deal with.  Not being medical minded I am not going to comment on
the subject of tranquilizers or Valium, though I do not think out of a
medical case this would be a good idea.

So long for now...

P.S. I bought some 4" PVC drain pipe joints for a household project.  Having
read about ferrets playing in pipes before I chose to let him explore them
before I started housework.  I think I have decided to find some clear
stuff, you know so I can find him, and create long ferret runs around the house.