From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 08:10:57 -0500
Christine,

My guys first got the greenies the summer of 93.  They got it again in the
summer of 94.  I had not taken them to any shows or club meetings.
Interestingly, I took 2 ferrets in to the vet for a check up, and 2 days later
they had the GD.  My vet said no other ferrets had been in that day, so I
don't know if this was a coincidence or not.

It did go immediately thru my entire group - with the exception of those
under a year and a new kit I had planned to buy stayed with a friend of mine
for about 3 months - I missed all the baby days, but she diddn't get the
greenies.

I've talked to Dr. Williams about this, and I think it is unusual - but it
can happen.

It's hard to tell sometimes - whenever anyone sees green diarrhea, they
immeidately think the greenies - I know I do - I can't help but be paranoid.
But if it's the real thing, it will last more than 1 day and most likely
everybody will come down with it.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY