From:
Pamela K Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 16:56:27 -0700
O.K., since Diane brought up the subject...  I have been wondering about my
2 1/2 yr old male - Elmo.  Ernie was fixed at the standard early age and
has the tiny nub that you were speaking of.  Elmo however was only
partially fixed (only one teste was taken out) and we had to finish the
operation around 1yr old.  But I notice when he gets excited during play or
whatever that _something_ is protruding down there.  It also has something
that comes out from its side like a hook or something (sorry, I know just
enough about human anatomy to get me in trouble and less about animals).
So is this "thing" popping out normal in a fixed ferret?  Or is he just
much more aggresive than Ernie (Ernie is too much of a gentle-ferret to
ever display such behavior)?

Pamela Barber and Ernie, Grover, and Elmo
Flagstaff, Arizona