From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 00:25:15 -0400
To our most patient subscribers:
Eric and I picked up Issue #2 from the printer today and we are currently
furiously stuffing envelopes.  We feel pretty bad about how late this issue
is mailing, so in way of apology we're mailing everyone's copy out first
class.  Subscribers should be getting their copies sometime next week.
We're hoping to mail out to everyone before we head out for the MFRL show in
Alexandria, VA, this weekend (yes, we'll be there with all four of the furry
modern ferrets--if you're there, stop by and say HI!).

STRANGE BEHAVIOR DEPARTMENT:
After all the posts about ferrets who grab eggs and balls with their "arms"
and scoot backwards (ours do, too), I just had to post about Ralph's weird
behavior. For Ralph's first Christmas, we gave him a whiffle-type ball with a
bell in it (it's a cat toy). Well, he just LOVES it. What he does is this: He
keeps it hidden and every once in a while he picks it up and carries it
around the house. All you hear is "jingle, jingle, jingle." (He doesn't
though, since he's deaf.) He then puts it back in its place. If he sees you
while he's out with his ball, he'll run and put it away. He will not tolerate
the other ferrets playing with his ball. Is this normal? Let me rephrase: Is
this normal for ferrets? None of the others care that much about their toys.
Ralph just seems fixated.

RE BATHS:
We found it much easier to bathe the ferrets when we made the water closer to
the temperature *I* like to take baths (not steaming like many people, but
comfy). They seem to relax and not shiver. Even Sabrina  (who thinks water is
hydrochloric acid or something) enjoys...er...tolerates bathtime.

Our best to all the fuzzies!

Mary, Eric, Sabrina, Ralph, Marshmallow & Knuks