From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 09:04:58 -0700
I'm currently ferret-less but keep up with the mailing list to keep current
on CA ferret legislation.

Last night a good friend called: she'd found a ferret in her back yard
(Cupertino).  It's a healthy, calm adult (I didn't ask what sex), so I'm
hoping it is a recent escapee.  However, my friend tells me that this is the
second time she's seen the ferret.  About a week ago it poked it's head into
her yard through a hole in the fence.

Anyway, I gave her a brain dump on ferret nutritional needs and behaviors.
I also told her to canvas her block with flyers.  I'm sure the owners must
be neighbors.

In the off chance you're the owner and you're on this list, send me email
and I'll hook you up with your carpet shark!

BUT, if we can't find the ferret's owners in a couple of weeks, my friend's
not going to be able to continue fostering it (she'd love to but she's
already got three dogs plus one foster puppy).  I'll take it for a little
longer, but if I can't litter train it, I'll have to find someone else (our
new house has hardwood floors and I know my husband won't want more urine
damage (we discovered with our late ferret that leaving ferret urine on
hardwood for more than 24 hours can do incredible damage to the finish!)).

So I'll keep y'all posted about the whereabouts of this ferret.  If there's
anyone out there in the San Jose/San Francisco bay area that wants a/another
ferret, let me know and I'll contact you if we don't find the owners.

Linda Mooring