From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 10:15:07 -0400
Since there's been a lot of talk about adrenal disease lately, I just
thought I'd share my recent experience:

I took Nancy to a Ferret Frolic in NH in the middle of August, where she
picked up some fleas.  I bathed her, etc. etc., and I was pretty sure I had
gotten them all, but she had been scratching so much that the fur on her
back started falling out.  Since her tail was fine, I thought it was the
fleas, but then I noticed that the back fur was coming out in tufts.
So.... off to the vet!  She went into surgery last Thursday, and it was the
left adrenal, of course.  She appears to have taken it well, and is due to
get her stitches out next week.

The moral of the story is to watch for anything unusual.  The vet said the
adrenal gland removal was textbook, but I would say that her hair loss
pattern was anything but.

MAnon