From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 08:02:18 EDT
    Yesterday, in the lovely September weather we've been enjoying here,
we took Amelia out to a nearby park with a big sand pit and discovered a
fun new game.  As Amelia merrily dug up sand everywhere, my husband pushed
his hand under the sand and pushed his way over to Amelia, making a ridge
of sand like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon when Bugs is cruisin' underground.
Amelia would attack the ridge of sand and then dig into it until she found
his hand, then wrestle a bit, then they'd do the whole thing all over!  We
also helped Amelia build a big network of tunnels in a sand mountain.  A
long while back somebody here mentioned (in a discussion about ferrets
scooting backwards with things) that ferrets dig tunnels not by kicking
the dirt out with their back feet but rather by pulling armloads of dirt
out of the tunnel-- this is exactly right, and makes for one cute little
bulldozer!

Regina and Amelia, the sandiest ferret in town