From:
Steven Markowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 21:42:46 EDT
OK, I haven't posted here in quite a while but I was asked a question that
I just don't know the answer to.  Someone asked me if ferrets can get
pinkeye from humans.  Apparently this person's daughter has contracted
pinkeye and has been playing with their two ferrets and doesn't know
whether or not she should be worried.  Any Ideas?  Hope someone can help me
out here cause this is a new one for me.  <g>

Actually, as long as I'm posting here, does anyone know why a ferret would
get a cut or possibly a sore in the same place.  Every once in a while I
find a dried blood crusty on Mica's shoulder.  I wash it away with water
and it looks fine and healed.  However, about a week later it showed up
again.  It doesn't seem to hurt her and there is no hair loss associated
with it.  I can't seem to find if she's getting scratched on something or
if it is a war wound from our other ferrets but its really bothering me.
Does this sound like something I should be concerned about?

Thanks in Advance!

Steven Markowitz (Ferret Section Leader) (Section 2/Ferrets) (Animals Forum GO
PETSTWO) (Compuserve)