From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 16:07:13 -0400
Rudy-maudlin?Excessively sentimental?  That's the whole point-to let you
have a good cry so you can feel better.  How many people do you think cried
over that sappy book "Bridges of Madison County"?  How many at the almost
equally sappy movie?  I DID.  Lots of grown men did, too.  Great art it was
not---an emotional cathartic, it was for many of us.  For lots of us, the
eulogy did just what it was supposed to do.
My ferrets had Program once so far. Now it's time for the second dose. Dogs
and cat will have their 3rd dose. So far, I can't really see fewer fleas.
Maybe there would be millions visible instead of just dozens?
Waardenburg's Syndrome can occur in any mammal. Has anyone ever seen a person
with a natural shock of white hair in front? My dog Pinky was a Naked Chinese
Crested; she had 2 different colored eyes, one small eye, White "bangs" Very
heavy bones for her breed, and was deaf as a post. The incidence of deafness
is listed at less than 20% of those afflicted with the syndrome-unless you do
a lot of inbreeding or linebreeding.
The temperature outside got too hot for the gang, so I brought them in.
They have a monumental Rube Goldberg cage in the back yard and three
"normal" cages in the house (groundfloor workshop).  The outside cage is 2
six foot by 2 foot by 18inches rabbit cages connected by a 5 foot PVC
drainpipe tunnel.(Total straightaway 17 feet.) one rabbit cage has a 2nd
story on it with hammocks in it-there's also a rabbit nest box on the floor
there.  The other rabbit cage has two 3foot by three foot rabbit cages
stacked one on top of the other with a door and a climbing ramp in
between-at right angles to it.(With an entryway on floor level) These are
all clipped together of course.  There are 3 water bottles and 2 food bowls.
And even here, Silver wakes from a deep sleep if Latte so much as passes by,
and she leaps from her hammock, grabs him by the throat, and viciously
shakes him!  She can't stay out there with the others-she's a bad girl.  I
have put Winnie-the-veloceraptor in with her in the house to see if she can
teach HIM some manners.  She is by far the smallest ferret we have.  Is she
really a wild white weasel?  (She plays nice with people and all other
ferrets but Latte.) 'Bye for now, and hope you all have a mental picture of
what my back yard must look like-so you'll understand when I write I've been
run out of town.  (For violating some kind of backyard construction
ordinance.) Karen