From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 10:20:12 -0400
Like everyone else, our ferrets enjoy knocking the litter-box around, but
we finally found a solid but easy-to-clean solution. We got several of
the stackable litter pans and bolted one into the cage, and then simply
use another one inside for the litter tray. We keep several filled with
clean litter next to the cage (in a ferret-proofed cupboard), and when we
need to change the litter, just take the dirty one out, replace it with
a clean one, dump the litter into one of Terrie's thousands of saved
plastic shopping bags, and clean and refill the pan at our convenience. The
fuzzies haven't yet figured out how to pry up the inside pan, and we sure
hope they don't.

Stan, Terrie & Jen, Mookie, Psycho, Cecil & Cocoa in Toronto