From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 20:23:17 -0400
  "I swear by the moon and the stars up above I'll be there,
      I swear as long as my Heart Beats I'll be There".
                 Song lyrics I heard on the radio

Ferret Friends of Indian River County International Shelter (FFIRCIS) and
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International  (FFDRI) headquarters wish to
acknowledge the following Two Leggers & Company's for their compassionate
service before during and after Hurricane Erin.

Ann & Howard Davis of Acme Ferret Stamp Co.,  These two closed down their
businees for two days and manned the phones to keep every one notified of
what was happening during  Hurricane Erin.  Ann Davis it the FFDRI Northeast
Coordinator, not an easy job in the best of times - and from 8/1/95 thru
8/3/95 she worked  24 hours a day for our Disaster Network. The best I can do
is thank them - Also to tell the FML  - they make great Ferret Stamps and if
your looking to make a stamp purchase - please remember how they support our
beloved ferrets.

Deborah Jeans Author of  "A Practical Guide to Ferret Care" She made calls to
shelters to check status (while the FFIRCI & FFDRI Director were evacuated)
and insure everyone was up and running. The first supplies to FLA came from
Deborah Jeans.  When your looking for a great guide to ferret care remember
her book and what she does (please remember DJ was the one who first took in
ferrets after Hurricane Andrew).

Holiday Inn Countryside West (Holiday Inn Corp).  This is the second time
they have taken us in.  Would a Hotel near you allow 14 animals in one hotel
room?  The service there was fantastic and the people wonderful.  The hotel
was full - I think there was only 3 rooms in the entire hotel where the
people did not have animals.  Please remember Holiday Inn next time you are
making vacation plans

Diane George - for storing emergeny supplies - thanks
Ava McDannell (Educational Director FFDRI) for all the phone calls.
CDFA - for handling the West Coast inquires

Joan Carlson Director Humane Society of Vero Beach, FL  for constently
monitoring our status.

We also thank all of you who have sent much needed supplies to Mary Lou
Simpson of FLA (after her shelter was severly damaged) we will acknowledge
each of you very soon.

Thank You
Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International