From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 10:25:17 -0400
TEXAS:  Tropical Storm Dean has made land fall.  All Texas Shelters O.K. at
present time.  Ferrets First of Weatherford, TX are monitoring Texas
Shelters.  National Weather had adives 5+ inches of rain to be expected in
East and Central Texas in the next 24 hours - flooding expected.  Ferrets
First will advise use of any problems.

FLORIDA:  Tropical Storm Erin  at 9:41AM  7/31/95,  was 22.9N 74.9W sustained
winds of 45MPH moving West at 12MPH.  400 Miles ESE of Miami.

Currently we are under a Tropical storm Watch - According to Weather we are
expected to feel the leading edges of Erin very early Tuesday Morning.

Will keep you advised of FFDRI Southeast Plans - at this point it seems
highly possible that we will evacuate the shelter sometime Tuesday morning.

Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International