From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 22:52:05 -0400
Rudy and others in FFZ's

General rules are made for the best interest of the Animal.  I won't adopt to
a person living in a FFZ unless they own their own home.  the reason for this
is because if a maintenance problem occurs, and a landlord goes into a rented
property and discovers a ferret, then that landlord has the ability to get
the owner in trouble and the ferret destroyed.  Now, in MA and CA it may not
be as bad as this, but in Washington, DC - a small but viscious FFZ, I KNOW
of incidents where the landlord went into a renter's apartment unannounced,
saw the ferret, called Animal Control, the ferret was put down, and THEN they
called the owner at work to tell him what they had done.

If you ever wonder why I do things - just ask me - there is usually a good
reason.  Plus, rules are made to be broken, and exceptions are always the
rule.  Think about it.

Pam/Pet Pals

PS - I prefer not to adopt to households with children under 3 - but I do
make exceptions for children who respect animals.  The "rule" is to safeguard
the ferret, I'm more worried about what a child can do to a ferret than the
other way around.