From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 10:31:17 -0700
    Several weeks ago, Cindi and Mike Mosch of Las Cruces, New Mexico
posted a request for vets in the areas they would be traveling through,
including Oregon.  I made them an offer I guess they couldn't refuse
because guess who showed up on my doorstep last night?
    We went to the shelter run by the Oregon Ferret Association and showed
them the 80 residents.  They were most enamored by the 2 1/2 week old kits
that are temporary boarders.  I then introduced them to my brood of 11
fuzzies plus 1 summer visitor.  I heard Cindi muttering something about
needing and wanting more ferrets!  They really enjoyed just having the 11
crawling all over them (Mom, who are these people?) including my whopping
big :) 600 gram (21 ounce) 2 year old female Amber!  I have some 4.5 pound
males but it was little Amber that stole their hearts!  They played with my
gang for several minutes before leaving.  I hope their 8 week journey will
include stops at other FML'ers homes!
    To Kim Burkard: I really enjoyed your Star Trek oddesy.  It does,
however, explain something.  I thought I had the original Riker but I'm now
convinced I actually have his evil twin brother (or a time-warped version
of Riker) and *YOU* have the original.  Would you please return the kind,
caring, responsible, adventurous Riker to me immediately?  This one is, as
Pam Grant posted, a PITA!
    To Cody's and Xoie's owners: I'm sorry for your losses.  Ferrets
sometimes are able to spend too little time with the people they love the
most.  All we can do is to make every minute quality time and remember the
good times.  When you are ready, may another ferret brighten your day.

        -Carla Almaraz
        Oregon Ferret Association