Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 14:14:43 -0400
Hi all, it has been a while since I have said hi, and I still haven't caught
up on all the FML lately, so bear with me...  I just wanted to pass on the
fact that we caught a ferret superhero in mid transformation :) My friend
has Basil, and he is the most lethargic laid back ferret ever, wonderful
guy...we left him in the ferret room with my two devils, who usually enjoy
dragging basil around, and about 15 min.  later we heard lots of thumping so
we went to investigate, and discovered Spasil!!!!  Yes, you guessed it, mild
mannered Basil, alone, becomes Spasil, the super ferret!  He leaps from 4
ft. high cages, knocks water dishes over in a single bound, saves maidens
in distress (weehawk was dragging silk around, and well, now spasil is
dragging him!), opens drawers and knocks catuses flying!  Once Spasil
figured out we were watching, he immediately transformed back into Basil,
but we now know his true identity!  :)~
Weehawk, an MF ferret who turned out to still be whole, is calming down a
great deal since his surgery, but he still has to latch onto silk's ear
every once in a while, does anyone have any guesses on when all of the
hormones should be out of his system?  I understand that some of this
behavior could be learned, but I keep hoping it is just cause he still has
some hormones floating around in there...

Swimming: We took our two and Basil swimming the other day, and they really
hated the deep water, but when I set them down, they all wanted to check
out the fast moving, but shallow water, and if weehawk hadn't been hooked
to me he would have been carried downstream!!!  So if your ferret doesn't
enjoy swimming let them check out some shallow fast moving water, they
might enjoy it!

Cody and Jim: Well it is hard to say anything right, but I am very sorry for
your loss, especially since you are the one who prompted me to get my guy
checked for a bladder infection, after reading your posts on all the
hardship you were going through, so if it helps Cody did help Weehawk
because you shared your experiences here (and all will get an extra long
ferret cuddle tonight)...

I really enjoyed Michelle Matta's statement on HSVS a couple of days ago,
and totally agree with her, ferrets are very special, and need very special
people to care for them!  Which is obvious by the wonderful people who write
to and support the FML :) (thank you BIG and Dr.  Williams!!!)
Oh, one more quick question, anyone have a system that works for carrying
their ferrets on a bicycle?  My car was totaled in an accident two weeks
ago, so transportation this summer is going to be bicycle and motorcycle,
and I am quite stumped as to how I am going to get fuzzies to the beach,
vet, etc...any ideas?  (I know, have Spasil the super ferret fly them there
right?  :)) Thanks and sorry this is so long!  Happy dooking, hope everyone
can stay cool!  You know it is a hot summer when it is 100 degrees in
Vermont!
krystal, silk "my ear!  Let go or I will push you out of the hammock!"
Weehawk "yuck!  mom what did you put all over her?  Its horrible!!"
he he he, bitter apple rules!