From:
Caroline Worrall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 09:12:36 -0600
Mish, Sarah has a room of her own, but I have always left the cage in
room, open.  I would think that Sarah would have unpleasant memories of
the cage (such as traveling to the vet, being put away when ferret-hating
company comes, etc.), but instead she sleeps there all the time.

Dave, Actually, I have a couple comments on what you said.  1) I don't
think that it's necessarily true that you shouldn't get older ferrets.
There have been lots of success stories on the FML of people acquiring
older ferrets.  Also, not all people give away ferrets because there is
something wrong with the ferret.  An acquaintence of mine gave away his
ferrets which were dearly beloved because his family was allegic to
them.  2) There might be some negative comments about 'working' ferrets;
however, I don't see any differences between 'working' ferrets and
working dogs (hunters & retrievers) or working cats (mousers).  When my
mother was in England, she saw a bunch of working ferrets and said that
they were treated just as lovingly as the pets.  Aside from that, I
enjoyed your post.  It's nice to hear about what goes on with ferrets
in other countries.

Caroline (Sarah's well-trained pet)