From:
Don Meek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 06:03:04 EDT
Hi All

    My last post was about my new aquisition Barni.  A four month old ferret
that had problems walking.  Many thanks to those who responded with their
experiences.  It would appear that Barni is deformed probably due to In
breeding.  This is a physical deformity as opposed to Neurological.  He is
fine and healthy and gets about very well (Sea Lion fashion!) in fact I
think he may have suffered a degree of cage paralysis as he is much fitter
now and getting about much quicker.  His problem does mean he is a little
slower than healthy ferrets but this can be seen as a plus!  he is
absolutely no trouble, follows me around and sleeps in my arms.  He appears
more affectionate than many.  It is fabulous to be able to read this list
every day as it is valuable education and a benefit to all our charges.  It
can however be frustrating to read someones problem, that could at sometime
be my problem, and not to see an answer as I presume answers are sent via
E-Mail.  Still I suppose if I come up with a problem I can post and wait a
reply.
As a matter of interest is Jo Ronk out there in Cyber space.  He downloaded
a picture of his ferrets in the compuserve library and one "Cool-Breeze" is
the cutist ferret I have ever seen.  I would like to know what type?  of
ferret this is!
Thanks again for all your E-mails
Don
(Working on a fancy signature!)