From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 00:37:02 -0400
"Sue Kocher"  <[log in to unmask]> writes

>My sister reports having seen a totally black or dark brown ferret in
>Michigan (obviously unneutered, as it stank badly, she said). I have never
>seen or heard on the FML about ferrets of a solid color other than
>white--what about y'all?   Was my sister hallucinating again?    Could it
>have been a mink--can they be kept as pets?

Minks look just like ferrets, only brown all over, apart
from a light patch on the cheek/throat/lower lip. (Never
upper lip, then it's a polecat.)

>BTW I was wondering...since horses and donkeys can interbreed, albeit
>producing sterile mules, is it possible for, say, a ferret and a mink or
>stoat to be bred?

Minks and ferrets have been bred, but as they have
different number of chromosomes, the result is sterile
mules.

--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]