From:
DeWayne Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 1995 16:48:00 AKDT
Hi all,

I promise to try to keep it short this time, that would be a first.

Just wanted to let everyone interested know how Renegade is doing, not that
he has had any problems.  We went to see the vet again today for his third
distemper shot, only the second one she has given him though.  He is just
great while he is visiting, we give him a lick of ferretvite while he gets
his shot, he doesn't even know he is getting a shot.  Finally found a quick
way to check his weight using a fish scale hooked onto the loop of one of
his sleeping baskets, not extremely accurate but I can't find a adequate
household scale yet.  I hook the scale to his basket, which is a unused
planter basket, get it's weight then put him into the basket.  Being at 6
days short of 3 months old he already weighs in at approximately 2 3/8 pounds.

Now for a quick warning regarding a cat condo that I purchased, then
returned the following day.  I don't remember the brand but I found it at
K-mart.  It was a three story cat condo designed to allow them to climb from
one floor to the next from inside or outside with windows / doors on each
level.  Anyway being concerned on how he was going to behave with it I kept
a close eye on him at first.  After noticing what looked like him chewing on
a piece of the carpet liner I investigated the area.  To my dismay I found
on each side of the lower level what looked like a steel nut insert, or
maybe a rivet curl, protruding from the cardboard.  I am not sure what it's
function was as I couldn't see it very good, all I knew was that I didn't
want him chewing it or even near it.

In conclusion please inspect anything you are going to buy while you are at
the counter.  This particular item had a wrapper encircling the lower two
levels such that you couldn't see the inside.

        Halliburton Energy Services
           Drilling Systems PSL
              Anchorage, AK
           DeWayne Edward Pratt